Living on Kuarna Country, Michèle Saint-Yves writes texts primarily for performance, with three full length productions, three one act plays staged since 2010 and three in-development plays selected through national competitions for staged professional readings. Her one act play Knowing You, Me won the Judges Best Director Award at Midsumma Festival’s PINK SHORTS 2010. In 2020 she undertook the creative development of her next play which will be staged later in 2021.
Michèle has been selected for participation in six creative process residencies:
- SPARK! INITIATIVE, a 2-month residency to develop and pitch a TV SERIES CONCEPT to and presented by Matchbox Pictures (Aug- Sept 2020).
- TALENT CAMP SA, a 1-week screen project development program exploring taking script to a pitch for web or TV episodic series presented by AFTRS and SA Film Corporation in 2019.
- kinstillatory mappings in dark & light, a 2-week creative research residency exploring ‘decolonisation of our artistic process’ culminating in performance showings at ADHOCRACY 2018 at Vitalstatistix.
- LWDhub residency, a 1-week creative process research of a physical and symbolic score to match the draft script of ‘Preserving Jars’ in development with production performance company HOUSE OF SAND in 2018.
- Unfixed: 1 of 5 Australian artists with a disability in a joint AUS-UK 2-year residency “focusing on artists with a disability's acuity for experimentation and innovation in their creative practice.” Partnership between Australian Network of Art and Technology, Access2Arts SA, Watershed UK and Unlimited UK (2015-2016)
- Masterclass on devised theatre with Sydney-based company Version 1.0 presented by Vitalstatistix (June 2013)
Michèle recently completed her debut novel, supported by an Arts South Australia Emerging Writers Literature Grant through RLDDA, and has had short stories and poetry published in print and digital anthologies.
Michèle has an Advanced Diploma in Professional Writing (2011) – receiving the SA Writers’ Centre Award for Highest Achievement in Professional Writing. In 2020 she graduated as a medico-neuroscientist and nominated, coming in top three, for BRAIN INJURY SA’s Most Inspiring Individual Award.
|AN INTIMATE EVENING WITH #KICKASSREDS||add to cart|
|SONGS ABOUT GIRLS & THEIR FINGERTIPS||add to cart|