APT has a focus on expanding the presence of Australian plays on the world stage.
Our developing International Strategy will involve expanding the international reach of APT’s definitive online catalogue of Australian plays and forming productive partnerships with organisations in other parts of the world.
Some of our plans include:
We are developing partnerships with two key international digital platforms:
- New Play Exchange, the world's largest digital library of scripts by living writers.
- Drama Online, the leading UK digital collection of plays.
- We are developing a partnership with India’s Atelier Theatre in New Delhi through the inclusion of Australian plays in Atelier's seven-city Indian tour of ACT (Campus Theatre Festival), the world's largest student theatre festival.
- We are seeking a partnership with New Delhi’s Bharat Rang Mahotsav, the annual international theatre festival of India and the largest theatre festival of Asia dedicated solely to professional theatre. APT will aim to broker Australian plays in production and contribute to BRM’s World Theatre Forum.
- We are working on a pathway for Australian productions and presence at Bharat Rang Mahotsav, February 2023.
- We are developing an idea for a translation and exchange project with the Shanghai Theatre Academy to coincide with the China Shanghai International Arts Festival in 2023.
Sign up to the APT Newsletter for updates.